STi protects the privacy of its wireless customers consistent with the Federal Telecommunications Act and rules and regulations issued by the Federal Communications Commission.
There are two types of information that may be exchanged between the STi Site and the user during each visit to a STi Site. They are:
- General technical data transmitted between your computer and the STi Site that does not identify you personally.
- Personally identifiable information that you voluntarily share. The types of personally identifiable information that you might share include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card number.
ANONYMOUS INFORMATIONIn order to provide you with the information and services that you look for from the STi Sites, STi gathers certain types of information from you that are not personally identifiable. This is called anonymous information and includes:
- The type of Internet browser you use when you visit
- The type of computer operating system you use
- The search engine you use to access the STi Sites (such as "AOL.com," "Yahoo.com" or "Go.com")
- The specific STi Site that you visit (stimobile.com).
The anonymous information collected is not associated with you personally or your business. STi uses this anonymous information in the aggregate to improve STi Sites and the services we provide through those sites.
ADVERTISEMENTS ON STi SITESAdvertising companies may deliver ads on some STi Sites. You should be aware that when you click on these ads, the advertising companies might also deploy cookies to receive anonymous information about ad viewing by Internet users on STi Sites and other Web sites. This information is associated with your Web browser, but cannot be associated with your name or e-mail address without your permission. Therefore, advertising companies may know where your computer goes on the Web, but they do not know who you are unless you tell them. STi does not provide personally identifiable information about its customers or STi Site visitors to these advertising companies.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATIONSTi may ask you to provide what is often referred to as "personally identifiable information" such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address when you use STi Sites to: purchase a service or product online, enter a contest or sweepstakes, ask to receive information, respond to a survey, register with a STi Site, access your account, ask for a personalized service, request customer service online, or apply for a job. You always have the alternative of mailing or calling STi with the information requested if you do not wish to provide it online. Personally identifiable information provided at a STi Site to order STi services other than Internet services will be protected in the same manner as when the information is provided by other means such as over the telephone or by mail. We protect customer information obtained from STi's wireless service customers consistent with federal laws governing telecommunications services and with regulations issued by the Federal Communications Commission.
We use personally identifiable information provided at a STi Site in the following ways unless otherwise specified:
- For its intended purpose (such as to complete an online order for service),
- To provide you with information about new STi products and services or products and services offered in conjunction with STi business partners.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIESSTi will not sell or disclose to outside parties any personally identifiable information obtained from a STi online service or the registration at a STi Site without your consent except under the following circumstances:
- When required by law,
- When disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of a customer, third party or STi's property,
- If it is required in connection with any sale or transfer of all or a portion of STi's assets.